Wednesday, July 1, 2009

The worst of sinners...

Sometimes I am guilty of heinous unbelief. Sometimes I wonder for a moment if its all a lie, and if it's worth the risk. Should I give up the things that used to make me happy (or a version of happy) in favor of things that would seem boring? Is reading my Bible, going to Church and meeting with unbelievers worth it? And then God steps in and gives me a night like tonite where the fellowship is so sweet, and I get the opportunity to bask in the wonders of Christ and what He has done with other believers. Same thing goes for Sunday mornings - should I sleep in? Would it be more enjoyable to spend my morning on the couch than with God's people? And then I go, because God's word tell's me to go and it is worth it. Every time. If you are a Christian, meet with believers, come together to hear the truth proclaimed, and study the scripture. It's worth it. And if it's not enjoyable for you, if it's not a blessing to your heart, then you have big problems. Ask God to make Him your priority. Ask Him to make his glory your priority and a reality. Only God can do this, you can't, I can't. I can't affect my affections. They are what they are. God changes them, and when they are changed it creates the kind of joy that nothing else in the world can give you. The kind that makes you feel like your heart wants to rip itself from your chest and sing. I don't know how else to describe it.


"Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for he who promised is faithful.
And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near."
(Heb 10:23-25 ESV)

He is faithful. I know this for a fact. It's real guys. It's really, really real.

No comments:

Post a Comment