Saturday, October 3, 2009

Just occured to me...

I love Christ. I really do. But I have a tendency to amass all kinds of hobbies and things that redirect my focus. Temporarily, but still it gets redirected. I like hunting and fishing, and there's nothing wrong with either of those things, but I seem drawn to picking up new hobbies even though some days I'm that guy who's saying "Oh ya I was gonna study my Bible, but I just didn't have time". How many days do I not have time for God but somehow find ways to jam a hunting trip into my busy schedule? Unbelievable, especially since I'm keenly aware that the only way to be truly at peace and satisfied is by looking to Christ.

So many Christians suffer from the same sickness. Love Christ, but fill our spare time with every diversion available because the world says we need to guard our recreation time. Now there's nothing wrong with the occasional hunting trip, but my brain that's so easily distracted could probably use more time with God in His Word than time blasting ducks.


God help us all.



No comments:

Post a Comment