Sunday, September 13, 2009

All things...

And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. (Romans 8:28 ESV)

I forget this really, really easily. I have a bad week, get sick/tired, or any other supposed calamity befalls me and I'm complaining. The Biblical reality: all things work together for good for God's people. All things including my bad days, my sick days, and even my sinful, wicked, backsliding days (not an excuse for sinning, but a huge comfort nonetheless). God is ultimately sovereign over everything down to the tiniest detail. Germs and bacteria all obey the command of my God. The only reason anything happens is because the he 'upholds the universe by the word of His power' (Heb 1). The trials I experience are nothing compared to those of a host of godly men and women throughout history, and yet I'm so prone to complain and gripe at the slightest provocation. Christ's entire life was an infinitely bigger tribulation than anything I'll experience. I have no grounds for whining. God is good.

Blessed be the name of the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment